excusing: (♚ venus)
ʜᴇᴀᴛʜᴇя ♚ ᴏ'ᴛᴏᴏʟє ([personal profile] excusing) wrote in [community profile] halfbloodhill_logs2014-05-04 03:42 am

help us heather. you're our only hope.

Who: All of camp! (Party style post, tag around!)
What: Afternoon Science Fiction Karaoke
Where: Outside the cabins.
When: May 4th, of course.
Why: The Force is strong with this one.

The party princess strikes back.

Sort of.

After her karaoke request over a month ago, Heather's finally found an opportunity to test drive her wild plans. It's not so wild. She's sent out a message to the entire camp to throw together makeshift science fiction costumes or inspired outfits. It's a polite request for everyone to join her outside where the weather's quite lovely because there's a projector set up with a karaoke system in place. Heather herself, having been Han Solo for Halloween, dons a C3PO tank dress over leggings today with a gold headband in her yellow hair.

The karaoke system itself could use more updating, to be honest, but she had put the idea aside for a full month before deciding to act on it when she remembered a couple of days ago that May 4th was steadily approaching. There are good songs - lots of oldies, as promised - and even more songs to get the entire camp singing. There are multiple microphones and stands and a rag tag group of chairs and other places to plant your tush, much like her pillow party in February.

For anyone unfamiliar with this, Heather would be more than happy to explain what she's celebrating.
usernameallison: (Default)

[personal profile] usernameallison 2014-05-04 03:39 pm (UTC)(link)
It's not that Scott doesn't know who C3PO is anymore - no, after Halloween he was made very much aware of these characters. And he's pretty psyched for Heather to do karaoke, too. He's never heard her sing that he can remember.

What he doesn't know is why she's doing this, dressed as C3PO, today.

So after he's finished stuffing some lunch in his face, he decides to go check it out.

"Uh...Heather? What are you doing?"
usernameallison: (and you decide what to believe)

[personal profile] usernameallison 2014-05-06 02:29 am (UTC)(link)
"Um, it's May 4th. Why?"

Scott looks at her blankly, blinking a few times. It takes him a moment before he finally puts two and two together - holy Jupiter, that's actually a really good pun, and there's a belly laugh to go along with it.

"Oh! May the 4th! I get you."
usernameallison: (Default)

[personal profile] usernameallison 2014-05-09 07:19 pm (UTC)(link)
"We should really figure out a way to watch the movies in camp. I think I would wanna watch the newer ones." He takes the saber and swings it outward so the plastic lines up and shoots out blue, then gives it a few proper swipes. "I like these. Does it light up?"
usernameallison: (that's one way to see the world)

[personal profile] usernameallison 2014-05-13 08:13 pm (UTC)(link)
"Okay, let me-" And he does, giving it a few proper swipes, even hitting it lightly against a tree. The plastic blade lights up and makes a few of the familiar vwoom noises as it swipes the air, crackling loudly as it taps the bark of the tree. "Whoa, cool. I should get another one of these and send it home." Stiles would totally get a kick out of it, anyway. He remembers him having one as a kid - and really, he and Stiles are still very big kids.

"You think she'd like it?" Of course, Scott sees Allison as very much like the princess in the movie, but he's not quite sure if sci-fi is her style. "I don't really know what kind of movies she does watch, actually."
usernameallison: (Default)

[personal profile] usernameallison 2014-05-15 10:52 pm (UTC)(link)
He keeps it in mind. Maybe if they're allowed to have one of those big organized city trips again, he'll go to one and pick one up to send home to Stiles. He's really missing his best bro.

He nods a little, grinning. "Yeah, you're right. I mean, I can't - I can't think of any character I don't think she'd like, anyway, except maybe Vader."
usernameallison: (Default)

[personal profile] usernameallison 2014-05-18 07:59 pm (UTC)(link)
"Mostly?" Scott quirks an eyebrow. He's not really sure how something can be mostly horrible - but then again, he's never seen them.

Watching her move the lightsaber in her hands - it suits her just as any other weapon does. He figures it must have something to do with her legacy, of course, but he kind of thinks Heather would be skilled in pretty much anything she set her mind to without it being part of her heritage. "You'd kick ass, Heather," he says, very honestly. "Maybe - maybe you could talk to Praetor Reyna about it?"
usernameallison: (Default)

[personal profile] usernameallison 2014-05-20 01:05 am (UTC)(link)
"Of course you are," Scott says, clapping her on the shoulder, nodding. "I see you every day at training. You're one of the best of us, Heather, swear it." He'd be lying if he told her he didn't think that she was definitely on the fast track for Third Cohort centurion. "I'm serious, Heather, really. Talk to Praetor Reyna."
usernameallison: (Default)

[personal profile] usernameallison 2014-05-22 02:51 am (UTC)(link)
He notices the tears, and - whoa - he didn't mean to make her cry, and...and it really sucks. Because he sees so much in Heather, so much honor and passion that's completely her own, and he doesn't really take her for an unconfident person, unsure of herself. He wishes...he wishes there was some way he could take the faith he has in her and somehow transfer it to Heather herself.

"I don't think that matters. I didn't do anything remarkable and I went on a quest, right? I...really think you're due for one soon, by that thinking, Heather. Seriously. Nobody deserves it more."
renegadehero: (Default)

[personal profile] renegadehero 2014-05-06 01:35 am (UTC)(link)
Did someone say karaoke and Star Wars? Because Sojourner's making her way to the shindig dressed as Han Solo. Or at least the best she can do with what she has.

Alright. So Sojourner can't actually sing. No. Seriously. No one give her the microphone, because she will sing regardless of her abilities.

"Please tell me we've got Spice Girls."
renegadehero: (Feeling proud)

[personal profile] renegadehero 2014-05-09 01:43 am (UTC)(link)
"You'd be a pretty lousy host." She grins, laughing a bit.

"I don't know, man. I might. Gotta see the selection." There are certain songs that she must sing, after all. "Please tell me everyone's gotten what day it is?"
renegadehero: (Default)

[personal profile] renegadehero 2014-05-11 09:23 pm (UTC)(link)
"Atomic Kitten?" That's one she's never heard of before but they sound like something Gracia would love.

Hearing about Scott's growing knowledge makes her grin, and then sniffle. She jokingly wiping her eye. "Our little Scoot is growing up!"
renegadehero: (Judging you a bit)

[personal profile] renegadehero 2014-05-16 03:05 am (UTC)(link)
"Gonna have to hear them now." You had her at girl group.

"I'm surprised movie nights haven't happened yet. Though, I'm sure some people will think we're not taking everything going on seriously." She sighs, remembering what she's heard from both friends and on the rainbow. "We should hold a seminar on keeping up morale."
renegadehero: (Judging you a bit)

[personal profile] renegadehero 2014-05-18 08:53 pm (UTC)(link)
"Last I checked he does. I should talk to him about sharing it with the rest of us." Not that it would take much convincing, she thinks.

"Exactly." She frowns, arms crossed. "We're not soldiers. I mean, we've got to learn to fight but... A lot of us are still kids. And kids shouldn't have to fight in a war."

Because that's what this is going to turn into, she knows it.
renegadehero: (Uneasy / Nervous)

[personal profile] renegadehero 2014-05-22 12:59 am (UTC)(link)
"See, I get that, but I still can't get behind it. I barely like seein' the kids here pra-" She stops herself, holds up her hands. "Okay. Wait. Y'know what?"

She mimes grabbing something out of the air between them, then tucking it away in a box. She locks said box, then tucks the imaginary key in her pocket.

"Tonight's a night for fun, not serious topics." They can always continue it later. "So. Spice Girls?"